Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Invincible, pt 2 of 2: the dark of grey

I had a great plan to write about death in two parts but now I don't feel like writing the serious angle. Instead, here's an email that I sent to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I have not yet heard back from them.

Dear marble Roman penis,

Seeing you on Sunday was awkward for both of us. Had I known you were there, in between the Great Hall and Oceania, I would’ve walked through European Sculpture and Decorative Arts instead. The fact is, although I will always love you, there are so many of your kind in every museum I’ve ever been to. The only thing that outnumbers you is terra cotta pots from Greece. And possibly 20th century African shit (which isn’t really digging into the history of the continent, now is it?). Anyway, I'm sorry little kids always point up at you and laugh. Don't take it too personally - they laugh at everything.

Be well and I'll see you next Sunday,

James

No comments:

Post a Comment