Wednesday, June 24, 2009

And we're back!

That was certainly an interesting few weeks. Depression, anxiety, Efia, roommates, drinking, work, drums, falls, movies, wedding, sweat, composition, sleep, couches, Mets and post-it notes abound.

The transition from a high school life where the world made sense and the path was narrow onto an adult life where nothing seems real and the path is a desert.

Very few things have choices associated with them: I'm not going to quit my day job. I'm not going to leave my band. I will make my lunch at home most days. I think that perhaps college gave us all a preview of the lack of choices. Amidst being able to party all the time and go out every night and choose any major we wanted to, we never noticed that the dining hall closes, departments only offer certain classes every semester and friends come and go like October leaves.

And love hates choices. So you're not allowed to make any. In love, out of love. You don't get to watch all the movies you hoped to. You won't get to pick the restaurant. Most importantly, love will grind logic and reasoning into a fine paste to garnish your baked potato. Tastes good but it's not the steak. Reassurance! If you can't control it but can't escape it, then you don't have to worry about it.

Keep riding the ride. Life is a crazy parade. Four years, three months, eighteen days. "Efia, me yire, me do wo paa."

No comments:

Post a Comment