Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Harvest of Love (revisited & clarified)

I really like the Decemberists, "Hazards of Love." I think I'm the only one (outside of the hardcore fans). That's alright though; it's got some great moments. When I listen to the album, I hear the feelings they had as they battled for their goals: happy when they reached them but sad as they had to let great ideas go. Sometimes it's not about the crops, it's about the harvest.

Band practice the other night was really amazing. We were going at it until almost 1:00 a.m. in MJ and Rob's apartment. No instruments - we didn't write any new music - just pizza, Bud Light, and conversation.

I have to call Billy Stratton today on my drive up to camp - he can explain to me the fostering of an independant spirit and how it relates to Motorcycles.

Ilana comes home in about four weeks but Faf will be gone when I get back.

Sometimes it's not about the crops, it's about the harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment