Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Parking Pass


Welcome back!  I just spent a month at Camp Dudley in Westport, New York.  350 kids, 50 leaders, and 50 staff members… good God it was amazing.  Now that I’m home in NYC I have two pieces of news:

First off, if you hop over to www.dustonthedesk.com, you will find yourself looking at the scaffolding around my new website.  The plan was to launch at the end of the month… so… this week.  But playing the drums with kids, hiking with kids, learning from kids, moving chairs and pianos and backdrops in the theater with kids and spending each night with some of the finest adults I’ve ever met took priority over sitting in a room by myself typing away at a computer.  So September then.

Second, I bought a $45 week-long parking pass in Carroll Gardens this morning!  Although I woke up at 7:30 to move my car, apparently the block it was parked on had a no parking between 7:30 and 8:00 a.m. Tuesdays ordinance.  Sure you could call it a “parrrrking ticket” but as far as I’m concerned, I paid $45 so that I don’t have to move my car again until next Tuesday.  Before 7:30.  Obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment