Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Too Funny Not to Post

A friend of mine is coming to New York this weekend. I wrote him the following email:

I think you're staying for the whole weekend...
I think you're not running off to hang with a billion other people in NYC...
Thus, I think WE should go to the Astoria Beer Garden on Saturday for sausage and Belgium's finest brews. Sound alright?

On a serious note, if you are meeting up with other people, that's totally cool - feel free to use me and my apt as a home base for all your New York adventures. See you in a few days, brotha.

And he wrote back:

Dude, had I planned on seeing other people, I think the sound of an Astoria Beer Garden for sausages and Belgium beer is enough to blow of my appointment I had with Hilary Clinton. That sounds awesome.

I didn't really have any plans to see other people. I have a bunch of "acquaintances" in NYC, people from college that I was "friends" with, but no one I am itching to see. I may shoot a couple people an email and let them know where in the city I'll be in case they want to meet up, but I'm not going to crash and dash. I was thinking of staying thru Sunday, probably leaving sometime in the afternoon/early evening. Other than that, I'm totally free if you want to take me to other incredibly awesome male events that may or may not include beer, meat, naked women, and non-dance clubs while I'm there (male events to exclude would be the statue of liberty, times square, the empire state building, and any club where I need to take ecstasy to fit in). Looking forward to it!

Everytime I read this, I laugh harder and harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment