Sunday, November 21, 2010

Deja Vu

I'm completely caught up at work.  I went in yesterday (Saturday) morning from nine to noon and decimated the pile of papers that's been sitting on my desk since August.  Destroyed 'em.  And I knew I would.  I knew I would do exactly that because on Friday afternoon, as I was telling my boss I'd be coming in over the weekend, I was overcome with a feeling of Deja Vu so strong that I could've sworn we were reading off a script.

There are a lot of instances in my life where I act on my instincts twice as fast as it would've taken me to stop and figure something out.  There are a lot of instances in my life where I'm blown away by the feeling that I've had the exact conversation a year before.  Same room, same people, same clothes.  What if this wasn't a neuro-glitch?  Supposedly, Deja Vu is your brain making too many associations releasing chemicals of familiarity.  What if those feelings were based on memories?  Meaning you did do exactly what you remembered a year before.  And for some reason, someone hit rewind on the world and made you live it all again?

It would certainly explain why the answers come so easily sometimes.  If you'd already solved the problem twelve months ago, it would take you no time at all to solve it again.  But this is really just a fantasy, right? It's not possible to hit rewind on time, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment